Is it possible for finding liquid and gas forms of Wood?

three different states of matter

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Because wood is made up of many compounds that have melting/boiling points that are so different, it actually is all three all the time.

Wood is generally solid because most of the compounds that create it are solid (i.e. the fibers and cellulose and such). The wood also contains water which is in a liquid state, and air in a gaseous state. If you were to raise the temperature of the cellulose to its melting point, (I have no idea what it is but it is likely very high) then the water would have become a gas well before that happened.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Id guess(and that is all i am doing, because i am no scientist) yes, it would be possible. Steel is made up of various other substances and it exisits in various states, why couldnt wood? But again, i am just guessing..better ask a scientist

• 1 decade ago

It is most unlikly possible, due to the fact that wood is made up of several other substances which only exist in a solid state.

so basicly no..

• 1 decade ago

Unless you want to stretch it to include smoke/fire or paper pulp... no.

Wood is neither an element nor a compound, but a dead organism.

Source(s): Common frcking sense
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I know that you can make alcohol from wood, also it can make you go blind to drink wood alcohol.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.