I have problems with my facial skin fro almost 2 yrs?
I first started with small pimples in 2004 and i was prescribed gentlsole cream for 2 wks, from there i have tried several medical creams and oitments but the situation has gone to worse , currenly i have large acne mixed with pimples. please advise me on what type of treatment i should use.
- DeeDeeLv 51 decade agoFavorite Answer
i seem like a broken record coz i keep recommending it... but it DOES work ...
- liloLv 41 decade ago
First, if you haven't got an endocrinological consultation yet, you should have one, because as I assume, this is acute/severe acne we are talking about and is caused by a disorder in your hormones. You forgot to mention under what conditions that cream was prescribed to you.
A consultation as the one mentioned above will not only determine the exact cause of your acne, but the doctor will prescribe you some medicines aimed directly to inhibate the cause.
Also, any drugstore will make a special ointment or cream, depending on the prescription, if you order t. It will take 1 to 2 days to manufacture.
There are multiple types of creams and natural remedies which you can make at home, but you have to be aware of the fact that the effects are quite slow and you have to be constant in what you do. Check my source for such things.
Good luck!Source(s): http://www.dari-bazaar.com/wp/66/acne/
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Sit back... this is a LONG answer, but I wanted to help you out! I know it can be frustrating. This REALLY works!! There are 4 people sent me an email saying to me that it worked for them!! This was also been chosen by 12 members to be the best answer because it worked for them too!! Proof, see my best answers!!
Gather all materials beforehand -- see "Things You'll Need" below. You might want to store them in a waterproof resealable bag, such as Ziploc. I'd recommend wearing either old clothes or a bathrobe over whatever you are wearing. There is a definite possibility this is going to spill. After you have found everything on you checklist, head to a large, flat, waterproof surface. This is probably your bathroom. Having this room be private is highly advised; you can't just say, "Get out, I'm flattening a pimple," can you?
Things You'll Need
- 3 or more cotton balls
- Lukewarm tap water
- Cup to hold the water in
1. Salt the water thoroughly -- much more than you think it needs.
2. Dip one cotton ball in the salt water.
3. Wait for 30 - 60 seconds.
4. Squeeze out excess water out until it is damp, but not dripping.
5. Place the damp cotton ball over your large, oh-my-goodness-I-cannot-go-to-... zit. If you have several of these grouped together, try to place the cotton ball over them all.
6. Glance at your watch/clock. Wait exactly three minutes.
7. Remove the cotton ball after the time is up. The zit seems to be nearly gone, but it is only the top that has dissolved. Your acne is still there.
8. Take the other two cotton balls and place them on either side of the despised pimple.
9. Slowly, move them closer together until the tiny bump is flattened. Congrats! You've just conquered that giant of a pimple -- forever!
10. Apply honey on the infected area & go to sleep!!
*Don't forget the last 3 steps -- they are crucial.
*Be sure to follow these steps closely. Dipping a cottonball in fresh water as opposed to salt will not work, for instants.
* You might want to bring a book -- either waterproof or one that you do not care about being splattered in water. Those three minutes can get boring.
* This is your best bet for monster zits that simply sneak up on you. For long-term healthy skin, cleansing and toning is also important.
* Please, PLEASE, do not assume this is permission to "pop" pimples. Doing so can cause major scarring. Please don't pop them.
* If you stop after the top is dissolved, I must warn you: it WILL come back! Maybe not in the next five minutes, but during the course of an hour, it will come back!
If you feel new pimples erupting, ice it! Hold an ice cube over the area for about 5-10 minutes. It REALLY works!!!
Or you can try applying Head & Shoulder Shampoo. It works like a charm!! For more info on this..
If you have too many pimples/whiteheads/blackheads/... I recommend you to try Carley's Clear & Smooth!! It's CHEAPER & BETTER than Proactive!! People are raving about this product!! Read their feedbacks/reviews!!
- 1 decade ago
Depends on your skin...some products work with your skin, others dont..your best to go buy a product from the drugstore, use the bottle to see if it works...if it doesnt, try another :-)