"I'll Miss You" in German.....?

Would it be:

Ich werde verpassen du.

-or-

Ich werde du verpassen.

Or am I completely wrong altogether?

NOTE: I'm looking for the future tense familiar as in "I'll miss you" like the question says. You wouldnt say that to someone formally.

• tine
    Favorite Answer

Ich werde dich verpassen means that you won't get to meet that person.

I'll miss you would be "Ich werd' dich vermissen"

Source(s): i'm native german

Ich vermisse/verpasse Sie (formal) or Ich vermisse/verpasse Dich (informal); Ich werde Sie vermissen/verpassen or Ich werde Dich vermissen/verpassen.

Since you want the informal way to say that, here it is:

Ich werde dich vermissen, if you are addressing one single person.

Ich werde euch vermissen, if you are addressing more people.

You need the accusative form of "you" anyway (meaning, the object form, it's like the difference between thou and thee in old English, or I and me also in modern English). "Du" is right only when it's the subject of the sentence, like "you will miss me", which translates into "Du wirst mich vermissen".

The usage of werden is not obligatory, since you can express the future also with present tense, saying "I miss you (Ich vermisse dich)", but if you specifically want to indicate that this is going to happen in the future, I would say it is more appropriate, to avoid ambiguities in meaning.

Hope you don't mind the grammatical gibberish (forgive me, I am a bit fixated with languages, haha). Cheers,

Marco

Ich werde du verpassen.

"Ich werde dich vermissen" is the only correct answer. In this context I think you will miss your partner.

Otherwise "verpassen" for "miss" is more in contaxt to "Oh, sorry I've missed you."

Source(s): My german mothertongue

Ich Vermisse Dich

• Sterz

"Ich werde dich vermissen" (as in "Ill long for you") much rather than

"Ich werde dich verpassen" (as in: "I'll just miss you instead of meeting you")

Source(s): native speaker

Ich verpasse Sie