why do human beings become old?

Favorite Answer

Cells constantly are being reproduced, but over time they begin to deteriorate with each successive generation of cells. If it weren't for that, we'd age, but never appear to get "old."

Oh grasshopper, to understand life is to know the meaning of it.

One can become old from life itself, or, one can become old before it is done.

In other words, people age for different reasons...some medical,

some for emotional, some for stress, some for loss and some for spiritual. But even for those who have lived the "best" of life,

age is the process of dying. The human body is like a clock that has many components....all coordinating to keep it going. If moisture is introduced it can rust, if electrical shock, it can stop, etc. If you want to know the actual why...you need to go to the clockmaker, and God forbid I mention who He may be.

I don't know why we "become old" exactly, I suppose for the same reason I don't know why we were born in the first place..... But I do know that melatonin plays a role in the physical aging process of our bodies, so if you are getting enough sleep each night then your skin will look younger longer, and if you don't it will age faster. :) So get to bed young man. LOL

2 Theories/Reasons

1. Some people say that Time is a dimension that we travel through.

2. Others attribute it to cells in our body not being able to replicate or rebuild? Something like that.

Everything ages, but one's spirit can become old when there is nothing to live or fight for.

So then they can die and make room for the younger humans.

Out of boredom , who wants to be young , strong and healthy forever

It's part of the cycle of life, that God put upon us.

um. to make way for the next generation? its like asking why do we reproduce?

children