How does one open a payment gateway on the internet?

I want to know how I can setup a payment gateway so that i can recieve payments for goods sold through the internet.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can browse payment processors companies. They accept payments for you paid by online buyers.

Source(s): www.stormpay.com www.alertpay.com www.e-gold.com www.paypal.com
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

This answer is ONLY relevant in the US. Most of the answers here are INCORRECT. I think your question is "How can I become a certified Third Party Processor with the card associations" as this will allow you to be the organization who actually 'routes' the data (order/payment info) to the processing networks. PayPal and StormPay are 'Aggregators' and NOT processors. Authorize.net and eProcessingNetwork.com are Payment Gateways The Gateway itself does not issue merchant accounts (this is done by the acquier, aka... acquiering member bank), it just routes the information to the proper places (frontend network - such as First Data or TSYS/Vital) for the authorization.

The requirements for data security and capital requirements are noted on both the Visa and MasterCard websites.

Source(s): www.brettmansdorf.com
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You have to be approved and set up a merchant account with an external company like authorize.net. Then you must learn how to integrate their payment gateway with your shopping cart system on your web site. I've set up several of these for clients. If you need some help, email me at feelsgoood@yahoo.com

• 6 years ago

Try getting a white-label package of a well established Online Payment Gateway Solution.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

paypal is by far the best and most secure and easy to setup and use.

• Jane
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

paypal merchant account.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.