Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 decade ago

Ikea Bookcase Pin?

I bought a bookcase from Ikea and I lost one of the pins that supports a shelf while I was moving. Where can I get another pin, and how much would it cost? I checked the Ikea website and couldn't find it.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Chances are it's a standard shelf pin, many types of which are available at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Just bring an one with to match up the diameter and material. A small package of 16 or so pins is a few dollars, if I recall correctly.

Shelf pins are usually 3/16" or 1/4", although I would guess the Ikea pins are metric, in which case they would probably be 5mm.

A 3/16 pin should work if you can't find metric. I do know that rockler.com has metric pins, but they would probably be more expensive than Home Depot/Lowes.

If you can't find an exact match, just get the closest you can and put it in the back bottom shelf, and you'll never see it anyway.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Bookcase Shelf Pins

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Ikea Bookcase Pin?

I bought a bookcase from Ikea and I lost one of the pins that supports a shelf while I was moving. Where can I get another pin, and how much would it cost? I checked the Ikea website and couldn't find it.

Source(s): ikea bookcase pin: https://biturl.im/vfOBa
  • 1 decade ago

Most hardware stores carry bookshelve pins. Look in the Hardware Dept,with the cabinet knob items.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.