Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 decade ago

Ikea Bookcase Pin?

I bought a bookcase from Ikea and I lost one of the pins that supports a shelf while I was moving. Where can I get another pin, and how much would it cost? I checked the Ikea website and couldn't find it.

Favorite Answer

Chances are it's a standard shelf pin, many types of which are available at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Just bring an one with to match up the diameter and material. A small package of 16 or so pins is a few dollars, if I recall correctly.

Shelf pins are usually 3/16" or 1/4", although I would guess the Ikea pins are metric, in which case they would probably be 5mm.

A 3/16 pin should work if you can't find metric. I do know that rockler.com has metric pins, but they would probably be more expensive than Home Depot/Lowes.

If you can't find an exact match, just get the closest you can and put it in the back bottom shelf, and you'll never see it anyway.

Bookcase Shelf Pins

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Ikea Bookcase Pin?

Source(s): ikea bookcase pin: https://biturl.im/vfOBa

Most hardware stores carry bookshelve pins. Look in the Hardware Dept,with the cabinet knob items.