Why does my screen name get stuck in yahoo chat room when I log out?

I was in hispanic chat I got out of it and just had my messenger on.... people kept instant mesaging me because my name was still on the list for the chatroom... Why does it do this... and how can i stop it from doing this?

Favorite Answer

Im not sure why it is doing that, maybe your not logging out of there right, maybe your just closing the main chat window instead of logging out a certain way.

Ive had that happen to me before, its called your "ghost". You just appear to be somewhere where your actually not at.