Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Which is the best surgery to under go as far as weight loss surgery? Gastric Bypass or Lap-Band??

Favorite Answer

I went with lap band!!! first bypass they go in and move everything around and its not reversible. Think of this if by chance you got real sick and needed all the nourishment you could get with by pass nothing you can do- lap band a needle and ten seconds and your stomach is wide open. I was back to work the third day. In studies the lap band passes amount you loose into the second year but the thing is that first year if you loose it too fast there will be a lot of sagging skin. do research whats good for me is not always what might be good for another.. 4 week post op weight loss 35 lb. Good luck to you

• I recently attended a seminar (UT in Houston) about both procedures. If you are considering surgery, I'm sure that you will have to attend a mandatory seminar before your initial physicians visit. At that point all questions will be answered.

They showed slides on the pros and cons of both surgeries. Most people are desiring to have the gastric bypass procedure. I can also tell you that with that procedure, most people use weight quicker.

Also, I recall that with the lap band procedure, it's difficult to even swallow breads.

Reading on-line is fine, but I STRONGLY recommend that you attend a seminar.

Source(s): Personal knowledge and a friend recently (in August) had the gastric bypass operation. In addition, 2 relatives have also (some years ago).

I've heard more of the Gastric Bypass surgery than the lap band so I'm guessing that's more popular and reliable.

You should go on Google.com or webmd and do some research on both methods and see which works out better for you.

Also check out how much each one costs, side effects, availability (clinics or hospitals in your area that perform them), etc.

Weight loss surgery-like gastric bypass /lap band surgery / stomach stapling and gastrectomy have become very common and very safe now. My cousin got her Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery in India. She has lost more than 65 lbs in 5 months and is very happy with the results. The price for obesity surgery is very less in India. My cousin just paid 25% of the cost she was quoted in America. She got her surgery from a company called Forerunners Healthcare.

Forerunners Healthcare is very famous in India. I read a lot about them in the Newspapers and magazines. I have read a lot of their patient stories also. They arrange financing for USA, Canadian, UK and other international patients who plan to have surgery abroad for low cost, as bariatric surgery and weight loss surgery is not covered by insurance. They also have photos pasted of their International patients. You can checkout their website. There are huge cost savings. As a doctor I personally believe that your Obesity surgery can be easily handled in India, as the quality of healthcare available In India is simply best in the world. The surgeons are USA/UK trained and facilities are 5 star.

http://www.forerunnershealthcare.com

Hope this helps.

Keep this particular meal between 400 and 1000 calories. Serve yourself a smaller sized portion, so if you like coming back again for seconds, you'll just finish up eating a normal-size portion.

Cary any motivational photo along

let a great dane walk you for 13 minutes 5 mph

Any training uses up unhealthy calories

Add veggies to baked things. You'll never even taste the actual zucchini in these brownies or even the sweet potato in these kind of cookies.

drink 3 cups of green tea in 24 hours researchers say it can increase energy expenditure by 106 calories