nail biting...?

ok well i bite my nails alot. To the point that they bleed sometimes, and for some reason i dont know how to stop. i've already tried that nail polish that tastes really bad and it didnt work. is there anything else i can do to? thanks :]

• Garth
    Favorite Answer

Find a therapist who is trained in hypnosis.

Also a BAD nail biter here. Only thing I had work was wearing gloves until the nails grow out a little. At least at home where I bit them most. Than having acrylics put on. On short bitten nails they do not stay very well.

You can also try leaving some dish soap or other liquid soap on your hands, or Tabasco sauce (don't rub your eyes or anything like that), coat your finger tips in wax.... etc.

I recently asked hubby to remind me whenever he sees me with fingers in my mouth... LOL. I always seem to fall back into biting them really fast.

wow.

try getting an expensive manicure. then you will feel really bad for biting your nails becuase they are really expensive.

also try seeping your nails in hot sauce. then everytime you bite it, it would be HOT. =D

nail polish is bad, but acitone is so much worse...rub some nail polish remover on your nails, you wont put your mouth near them at all

Its psychological you seem to be a very nervous person go and ask a pshychologist or a counselor what you can do about it.

Dont be a pussy. just stop, its not that hard. If people can quit smoking without professional help surely you can stop putting your fingers in your mouth.