piercings in Iowa?

how old do you need to be to get piercings in iowa? i know most states it is 18, but i have heard in iowa you only need to be 16....?

Favorite Answer

you can get piercings at any age......but you have to be 18 without a gaurdian. To get my ears pierced and my bellybutton....I had to have my parents consent.

Source(s): Me...livin in Iowa!!!!

I think what you heard is incorrect. I live in Iowa and my 16 year old son got his ears pierced a couple of months ago, my permission was required before they would do the piercing.

depending on what you're getting and were you're getting it done at when i was 13 i got my belly pierced. i live i Oklahoma and they had this tattoo/piercing convention and all these studios came and you just had to have a parent with you and you could get any piercing you wanted. check and see if there are any things like that happening in your area! when there is one go to it because they ONLY happen so often. i want my eyebrow pierced but i cant go to there studio because they can ONLY do your piercings at events like that so good luck!