can a v6 engine mercury cougar haul a enclosed landscaping trailer 5x8 to be exact?

Favorite Answer

It can haul it. But you shouldn't haul it, it's not appropriate for that tiny car and the transmission will get more stress than it was built for. I also doubt that your brakes will be up to the task.

The cougar has a 1000 lb towing capacity,with a max tongue capacity of 100 lbs, and can't have a frontal trailer area of more than 25 sq. ft.

So I would recommend no, unless it is an emergency, and only for a short distance..

Sorry, find a cheap ranger or explorer to do your hauling..

Check your owners manual, for maximum towing weight and if you don't have one, then call your local car dealership and ask for service and they will be able to tell you the max.load.

Source(s): shop owner

It can pull it, but I wouldn't put anything in the trailer.

I'm sure it will, but I would change you tranny fluid first, and put an external tranny cooler on it.