Anonymous

For Americans: what do you think about extermination of native Americans, which happened after Columbus?

Favorite Answer

US authorities hold the distinction of introducing germ warfare as a genocidal weapon for the 1st time in history (smallpox-infected blankets collected from military hospitals and then distributed to natives on purpose)

Source(s): history

I think it's disgusting, and the things we do today are disgusting also. I'm also of Native American/Irish decent. I don't know sometimes I think that America was founded by evil and it will just continue on and on.

But then again maybe that's just human nature...it does seems as though the white man/american always plays the major role in forcing other people into their beliefs, or extermination though, doesn't it?

I am of Choctaw, Irish and African decent..this racism still exists. It still amazes me how much of the story is not told in American History classes as it should. Native Americans and African Americans were used as slaves and genocide was perpetrated on them without very many apologies and justified.

For those who have not even a clue these books will help you understand: "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee", "I will Fight No More Forever" and "They Came Before the Mayflower".

hate it, Columbus can suck it. but it wasn't all his fault, some stupid lost guy. it was the thousands of other bad white guys that were killing Natives that can suck it more. say no to genocide! and don't take blankets if you don't know were there from.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction!

Most don't even know about the genocide that took place, and many of those who do, don't care!

• bess

It was very wrong. Don't forget we stole their land and abused it's resources as well.

I think it is beyond cruel and unmerciful- D

the natives were not exterminated. Yes there were wars, but there were equal deaths on both sides. They were moved to reservations because their nomadic, barbarian ways were incompatible with progress, science, and the rule of law.

No one is forcing them to stay on reservations. Apparently they enjoy the company of eachother and their tax free booze.

Hey they own casino's now