chloe asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

can someone please tell me the recipe of filipino's embutido?

Its a Philippines' one of the most prepare foods during special occassion, but i don't know the recipe and the right way to make it.Hope someone can help me. I thank so much.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Embutido are very easy to make this way and they taste delicious too.

1 1/2 pounds ground pork

4 pieces canned Vienna sausage

1 raw egg

3 hard-boiled eggs

4 tablespoons flour

3 sweet pickles, chopped

salt and freshly ground pepper

to taste catsup

Mix together the ground pork, raw egg, flour, salt and pepper. Spread the mixture on aluminum foil. Arrange the sausages, hard-boiled eggs and pickles on top of the mixture. Shape into a roll about 4 inches in diameter and wrap in foil. Bake for 1 hr at 350 F. Unwrap and slice before serving with catsup.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Ingredients :

· 1 lb. ground pork

· 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots

· 1 cup (6 slices) finely chopped (sweet or cooked) ham

· 3 tbsp. minced green bell pepper

· 3 tbsp. minced red bell pepper

· 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish

· 1/4 cup raisins

· 3 whole eggs

· 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese

· dash of liquid seasoning

· salt & pepper, to taste

· 1 tbsp. cornstarch

· slices (wedges) of hard-cooked eggs (see recipe)

· slices (wedges) of Vienna sausage

· aluminum foil, 10" x 12" sizes

Cooking Procedures :

1. Prepare a steamer and set aside. Alternatively, prepare a baking pan and a wire rack and preheat oven to 350°F.

2. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix until well blended.

3. Divide the mixture into 2 to 4 portions (depending on how many you want to make).

4. Spread and flatten the mixture onto the center of each foil, divide the slices of hard cook eggs and Vienna sausages. Place each slices at the center of each mixture. Hold the foil onto your hand and roll until the ends of the mixture covers the eggs and sausages. Alternatively, by holding each ends of the foil, roll the mixture back and forth until it covers the slices of eggs and sausages in the center.

5. Finally, roll the aluminum foil into a tightly packed log about 1" to 2" in diameter, sealing on both ends. Repeat with the remaining pork mixture.

6. Place the embutido in a steamer and steam for an hour. Alternatively, place embutido in a wire rack on a baking pan, half filled with hot water. Cover with aluminum foil (Be sure the steam will not escape). Steam-bake in the center of the oven for an hour.

7. Remove from the oven. Let it cool and slice into rings. Serve with your favorite catsup or sauces.

8. Refrigerate unused embutido.

Source(s): my mom cooks it sometimes and does something special to it, i can't remember......but i found a quick easy one off google
    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.