Will I be ok (real important)?

Ok Im getin a bit worried two days ago i was with some of my friends and they took out a can of lighter gas refill to inhale, they had done it before but i hadnt so i was a bit scared ne wayz i inhaled it and it wasnt so bad i got a bit dizzy and saw some colourful things everywhere, but the thing is it was only for a little while so every 10 minutes we wud do a few more hits, u kinda get used to it after a while. We actually managed to finish the whole can, it wasnt realy full when we stated but there was quite a lot in it, straight after i was feeling dizzy and tired so i went home and fell asleep but when i woke up yesterday every time i stood up everything went black and white and i passed out about three times after getting up too quick, luckily my parents didnt notice anything major so i thought it was fine. but today im still feeling a bit weird and when i get up i still see colourful stars and things, do u think ill be allright?

20 Answers

  • DeeDee
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Hun, that was a silly thing to do..

    You will be fine, you're just experiencing the side effects from doing something silly that like..

    drink lots of fluids and take it easy & if after a couple of days you are still having the feelings, please see the doctor!!

    Be smarter next time

  • 1 decade ago

    You will be lucky if you do not have any long term medical consequences from your actions:

    "The effects of inhaling solvents are unpredictable but generally dangerous and unpleasant. Casual use can cause headaches and rashes around the mouth. Users can also suffer weight-loss and depression although this clears up if the sniffing stops. Very long term abuse can lead to permanent damage of the liver, heart and kidneys.

    Choking on your vomit while unconscious is a rare but deadly side effect. Sniffing in a dangerous place - near busy roads, river banks, or railways - also has serious risks.

    Some specific solvents (such as aerosols and cleaning fluids) put additional strain on the heart and can cause heart-failure, especially if you're running around.

    Aerosols sprayed directly into the mouth can freeze the throat and lead to suffocation.

  • 1 decade ago

    If you are worried, I'd see a doctor (you can do this without your parents knowing in some countries under certain situations) but don't sniff it's stupid. I'm not turnng this into a lecture but all I'm going to say is instead of breathing air you'r breathing the fumes instead and taking away oxygen from your body (why you saw black when you stood up - your brain didn't have enough oxygen to 'run' everything normally so your vision went.

    Stay safe...

  • 1 decade ago

    First of all u need to grow up and stop doing drugs (or anything u dont know is safe or not) go see a doctor or tell your parents...are our friends having the same black and white issues if so u should all see the doctor at the same time..

    Hope u dont die (haha lol jk)

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    Are you stupid or something? You need to go to the doctor and find out whats wrong. Didn't your parents tell you to say no to drugs?? You could die from inhaling **** that has no reason to be in your system. Lighter fluid is a poison.

  • 1 decade ago

    no, you need to seek medical attention. Sounds like you may not be getting enough oxygen to the brain. My friend did this when he was younger and his parents found him lying on the floor the next day, he lived but was in the hospital for a while.

  • 1 decade ago

    U definately need to go and seek some medical attention now!

    If you are worried about your parents then dont tell them and seek it by yourself but you need to go and get medical attention.

    Very dangerous what you did and even more dangerous is not getting help when you are having these symptons two days later!!!

  • 1 decade ago

    NO! What the hecks wrong with you ??? You shouldn't be on the computer cat you need to be in the ER. You're making yourself worse as you go along.... get yourself to the hospital PLEASE!!! Worry about your parents later Your head is the WORST thing to mess with when it comes to medical stuff ... get to the er N O W

  • 1 decade ago

    Go see a doctor, or even to an ER. You might have done damage beyond repairer, go get it checked. It's not a joke anymore.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    ER Man Its not worth your life you can get Brain Damage that way

    Oh,Don't Be hating him, Hes Probly learned his Lesson Sheesh

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.