puffy
Lv 6
puffy asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Saddam Hussein/George Bush/Iraq - I am confused?

So Saddam Hussein was hanged this morning,,,,a bomb on a bus exploded in Baghdad, 108 US troops have been killed in Iraq THIS MONTH alone, a US Soldier said "First it was weapons of mass destruction. Then when there were none, it was that we had to find Saddam. We did that, but then it was that we had to put him on trial," said Spc. Thomas Sheck, 25, of Philadelphia, who is on his second tour in Iraq. "So now, what will be the next story they tell us to keep us over here?"

AND GEORGE BUSH IS ON HOLIDAY AT HIS RANCH IN TEXAS?????

I dont get it?

Update:

ps

I live in England and am Scots by birth!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Jessy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yeah, you said it. i have always been amazed that our ****** for prez dubya has taken so much goddamn vacation while our troops are over there getting killed or injured. i dont know how he was re-elected other than voter machines being rigged. my husband is supposed to be OUT of the army in may but is getting deployed in march. thats f-cked up. this entire war is f*cked up. none of it makes sense. it is all really about the giant economic war machine and the $ that comes from it.

Source(s): Army Vet 96-03 Husband active duty 98-?
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I believe there are many aspects to why Iraq was invaded - the anti wars will give you one story, and the pros another....lets look at some of the facts.....

Firstly I believe Saddam brought this very much on himself, although sadly he was kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. As we all know, Saddam was an ally of the west for many years, including the years when he gassed the Kurdish village. But he was the main anti-Iran influence in the region, so ally he was.

Saddams first mistake was invading Kuwait - maybe he thought that western governments would not act, but this lack of judgement led to his downfall

After Kuwait, UN security resoluton 687 was signed, with one of the aspect that he had to PROVE that he had destroyed all the WMDs (which we know he did have - gassing villages, using against Iran etc, anthrax etc) - but again, here was the difficult position - if he proved he had got rid of them then he was showing weakness + showing his enemies he was militarily weaker than they thought.

His 2nd bad lack of judgement was his brinkmanship with the UN weapons inspectors - even Hans Blix, the chief UN weapon inspector stated this. And with this coming after 9/11 he basically really screwed up (and UN SCR 687 stated that if he did not prove that he had destroyed the weapons, then "serious consequences" (i.e. war) would happen) - so I feel, on balance, that the Iraq invasion was justified (although you could argue why dont ALL the UN security resolutions get enforced!)

Where the US and UK did screw up over Iraq was the exit strategy, errr, or lack of!

Just because WMDs were not found in Iraq does not mean that there was not a good reason to look for them, as UN SCR 687 and the blocking of the UN weapons inspectors provided this

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not confused, just a bit short-sighted, or perhaps unaware. The real reason for toppling Hussein's regime is two-fold: It wasn't a bad thing in and of itself, and a stable secular Iraqi government would be a stabilizing force against the radical Islamists of the middle east. WMD's and all that were never more than side-shows and were meant as explanations of the timing, not the basic justification, for the war. People continue to criticise the trees and refuse to recognize the forest. The invasion got rid of Hussein. Now back to the business at hand, in which Iraq is only a geographic quirk. It's an international fight against radical militant Islam. The latest bomb may have been part of that conflict or it may have been part of the civil strife that's occuring as the Iraqis jostle for advantage in their new government; and I couldn't guess which.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I read in newspaper that he worked 3 hours on new Iraq plan. That's a lot for someone who say 'nucular'. Sucks he'll probably call for troop surge that will be done by asking soldiers to stay longer on their tours and shorter breaks for those who get to go home for little while. That's what I probably do too. Ask other guys to work longer hour so I can go to my ranch.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

the person who mentioned 9/11 probably forgot that USA did not go through a judicial investigation.which could give the exact information-who was behind this. now i think america did it itself (just like the vietnam war, they fought & now thinks that it was a mistake).they provided laden everything (republican regan 7 laden was seen in a picture) nothing is more important than oil.

• 1 decade ago

No you have it pretty well. That is about all there is to it, one story after another. Oh but it started with a supposed link to 9-11 and you forgot the "Iraqi Freedom" thingy they threw in for good looks. Don't those two words together just scream style?

• merlin
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

handling bushisist, l humanity, bush and Co, does not leave not grown this hanging not to the death penalty. moreover one fault compared to the calendar of the festival of l'a-id. once more, small victory of the USA proposing the safeguard of the guilty world only us history 300 years (Irak more history against 6 000 years

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it's not about war over terrorism it's about Money and Power

no one cares if military or innocent civilians or terrorists are dying as long as the people who are running the show get what they want

• 1 decade ago

Any one of us could use our creative mind and do some guesswork as to what he will come up with next....all I know is this:Why am I, as a U.S. citizen doing nothing; why are all U.S. citizens who know that this is a "WAR OF LIES" STILL DOING NOTHING?

i HAVE TO ADMIT, i SIMPLY don't know what to do?tHE LAST POLL i UNCOVERED REVEALED THAT 86% OF Americans believe the 9-11 gig was an inside job...perhaps most truthfully so: to invoke the great spirit of fear, and by and thus....duping us into giving up our freedoms so that we can be reigned into

the NWO (New World Order). A totalitarian police state worldwide!

I am astounded at the research of myself and many others, that the world overall is being conditioned to hand all power over, hand all freedom over....to a One World Leader aka the biblical Anti-Christ. Watching all the end time prophecies UNFOLDING B4 OUR VERY EYES.....we MUST NOT rule out that prior to any play.....many are involved in the setting of the stage. REALLY...now wait and see; watch ISRAEL, and when a 7 year Peace Treaty is signed, know with SURETY, that TRIBULATION will be full and irreversible. A great time of peace AT FIRST THAT IS, (to further bring worldwide confidence and naive trust) for this antiChrist....then without warning, unparalled tribulation, wrath from GOD Almighty and this will finally culminate to the battle @ Armegeddon.

Watch your daily news.

Keep your eyes on Israel (the ongoing Palestinian conflict)

KNOW that the bible forewarned of this....

and if you have not...inquire in your innermost being, that GOD,YHWH,JEHOVAH....aka, THE HOLY SPIRIT, and JESUS, are waiting for you to believe, surrender your trust and life to the one )JESUS), who was and is your living sacrifice, get your heart right with GOD AND ASK JESUS TO COME INTO UR HEART, ASK HIM TO FORGIVE YOU FOR YOUR SINS, AND WALK DAILY WITH HIM, BY FAITH, WE ARE SAVED, BY THE ABUNDANT GRACE GOD HAS ALREADY MADE THAT PROVISION TO SAvE US FROM ETERNITY APART FROM HIM, JESUS IS "THAT" BRIDGE, TO COVER THE GREAT CHASM BETWEEN SINFUL, PRIDEFUL MANKIND, AND A HOLY, PERFECT GOD!! aBoVe ALL....SEEK JESUS WHILE U CAN.....BC' THE DAY WILL COME, VERY VERY VERY SOON; WHEN HE WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO BE FOUND....ONLY GOD KNOWs WHEN JESUS WILL RETURN TO REDEEM ALL WHO HAVE PLACED THIER LIVES IN HIM, SEEEEEEK NOW,

NOW! IS SALVATION

now! IS FREEDOM FROM THE BONDAGE OF SIN

now,NOW, NOW! GOD LOVES YOU, AND ME AND ALL OF US SOOOOO MUCH, THAT IN THIS WE KNOW WHY HE "TARRIES (WAITS) TO BRING JUDGMENT UPON THE WICKED HELL OUR EARTH AND LIFE AND TIMES HAVE BECOME, IT IS FOR AND BC' OF HIS GREAT MERCY THAT HE STAYS HIS HOLY HAND, AND WISHES THAT ALL, ALL, ALLLLLLLL WILL COME TO ACCEPT JESUS, BY AND THUS RETAIN SALVATION, AND BE DELIVERED FROM HELL, WHICH IS RESERVED FOR THE DEVIL, THE DEVILS ANGELS, AND ALL WHO HAVE HEARD THE GOSPEL OF THE LORD JESUS AND HAVE SAID "nO THANKs".......HELL IS REAL, BUT love IS real too.....

get saved, born again, and read the word of God daily, pray without ceasing, and be fervent to bring all whom u come into contact with---to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ!

Keep your eyes on Israel

and trust GOD,

not this "world system: the devil's playground"

trust, love and honor Jesus, and KNOW, ****you-----by faith, are sealed by the Holy Spirit, until the Day Of Redemption!

Amen!

Source(s): Trust in my Holy GOD, faith, scriptural studies for 17 str8 yrs....and deep concern for the souls of all who have been blinded by the enemy of our LORD JESUS & ourselves.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well, war is to accoplished things by force, and it looked like we did, so whats there to ask.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.