Fathers, what did you first do, think, feel after your wife's delivery?

What were in your thoughts?

What were you feeling?

Did you go first to see your baby or your wife and why?

• Mike
    Favorite Answer

A lot of men have this sudden, overwhelming feeling of responsibility, a "holy cow, I've got all these people counting on me now" stressed out kind of feeling. On top of feeling proud, blessed and happy, and concern for mother and child. A mix of emotions. I watched all 3 of my kids being born and I cut the cord. I've also delivered 12 other babies as a paramedic, and it's the most amazing experience in life.

a) My thoughts was on how I am going to make it up to her for the agony she underwent in carrying the baby. Also thought about the big responsibility and a big change in my life, now that I have care for a baby

b) I felt lot of empathy for my wife for having gone through the difficulties. I resolved that I will agree to all her trivial wishes, which sometimes I haven't agreed to

c) The baby was shown to me and wife was unconscious since it was a ceasarian. So I hd no choice in that matter. But given a choice, I would first would want to see the baby, and if possible, the baby with my wife

I was thrilled that my baby was finally here! I did not like that my wife had to go thru so much pain but I was also proud that she had the strength and courage to do it! She loved our son soo much that she endured all that pain!!! I have to admit it...I cried when my son and wife were united...the best memory of my life!!! I'm sooo grateful for my life, my wife, and our family!

Source(s): I'm using my wife's avatar and name!

I was in the room holding my wife's ( now ex) hand as they took my daughter by Cesarean. I watched the whole procedure. I will never forget it. A little life beginning. That was 19 years ago. I have never felt that feeling again. VERY SPECIAL!!!!!

When my wife (now ex) was giving birth to my first child, I was holding her hand. When the baby was born, and made his first cry, I bent and kissed my wife. I remember today every moment, my thoughts were: My love is OK, she did it.

my husband was....You are not going through that ever again...then we had 3 more...lol so much for sympathy...lol

as for the baby...... he was thrilled that I could make such a wonderful thing

my husband went straight for our daughter. He was happy.