If "Pariotism" is considered a virtue, why is regionalism bad? Doesnt that mean being loyal to one's state?

Favorite Answer

Regionalism does not mean being loyal to your state - but your area of the country - the one time a group of people were overly loyal to their region we had the Civil War there people of the Southern Region of the country rebelled to from a new Confederation of States apart of the Union with represented the Northeastern, Mid-western and Western Regions of the country. However, in general regionalism in the United States is not considered bad.

Good Luck!!!

Patriotism is considered a virtue by some because they want to culturally dominate the would-be regionalists.

I think the reason why someone may think that it is bad is because I think it goes back to when America wanted to be free from the king. Those who supported the king, and all his unfairness, were loyalist and therefor were against a free America.......or something like that.

I hate texas and I live here. Reverse regionalism? who cares. Peanut butter cups are a tasty treat!

• Dashes

religionism isnt bad. pushing your beliefs on people who dont want anything to do with them...that's bad. you CAN be loyal to your god and NOT burn witches at the same time.