Lauren C asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

if youve got split ends on very hair in all diff areas how do u cut them off without going bald?

??

my hair is sooo layered at the top i cut the ends off and i twist it in a downwards motion and it all flicks up?? help............

Favorite Answer

I used to have the same problem. You need to keep trimming your hair every 3 months and in about 1 year, your hair will be back to normal. I know it is a long process, but the only way to remove split ends is to cut them off. Some shampoos and hair products claim that they repair split ends, but they only do so temporarily. There are a few minor steps you can use to prevent future split ends. Brush your hair gently, not harshly and use Pantene Pro-V Repair Shampoo and Conditioner. It has worked great for me. Also, try to lay off hair straighteners and blow dryers, or at least let your hair air dry before you straighten it instead of blow drying it yourself. Good luck!

if you got a regular trim every 6 to 8 weeks youd have no split ends!!!! so the best you can do is keep trimming, put up with shorter hair, then when it grows in, keep those trims done on a regular basis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!