Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Why are females termed as "bitchy" when guys are vicious gossipers as well?

Women enjoy gossiping but guys do that as well and seems like they like to criticize physical appearances as well. So why are guys not called bitchy when they do that but when girls do that they are?

Favorite Answer

There has always been a double standard when it comes to men and women. I was just reminded that just two weeks ago. I had

not worked for a long time due to a legal disability. I wanted to see if I could work part-time as a cashier at a liquor store (Kappy's) knowing it was minimum wage. I explained my illness, Lyme Disease, and a work arrangement was made.

Long story short, as I passed through the backroom to use the ladies facility, there were 3 managers (and a 17 yr old nephew of one of the managers) sitting on their duff, as usual, and one was talking about me in a derogatory way. They saw me at the last second and there was dead silence. I stared right at them, smiled and said, "Hello there guys." It was like deer caught in the headlights. I continued walking. I gave my 2 wks notice as I realized they were used to womanizing and flagrant at times with the many young female employees as they are, unfortunately, easier to manipulate. I am older and know abuse when I see it. It was sad to see the young ones who tried to use their wiles to manipulate and pacify their bosses. Extremely unprofessional and lacking in many ways. I never saw so much turnover of employees in my life as the 5 weeks I worked there.

In answer to your question, women are termed bitchy, because that is a label given to them by men. We women, unfortunately, acknowedge it and don't throw back to them enough....bastard.

Stand your ground.

bitchy is a feminine word. the word b*tch describes a female dog.

bitchy usually refers to a female who acts unkindly towards others, not one who gossips. the male equivalent for bitchy is dick.

as for gossiping, all women use to be house wives, therefore, while husbands were at work, women got together and gossiped, labeling women as 'gossipers'. now a days, where men and women both work, the gossip factor has evened out, yet unfortunately, women are still labeled as more of the gossip type.

Both men and women gossip, but women are more adept at it. That, and women are more likely to criticize a beautiful woman then a man. It more socially acceptable to criticize an unattractive person.

Men gossip far more than the women I know. Anyone who does this is equally annoying...

the guys I hang out with don't "gossip" about anything. Women try and tear people down behind their backs.

When the abjects call each other "dawg", that is exactly what they are calling each other. It also indicates they have homosexual tendencies and are in the closet! those that address women in that manner have no respect for themselves, their mothers and often refer to strong women as men, because they are immature, divisive and in the closet.

Because girls gossip about girls. Men dont do that!

On the same theme....

Why are men studs when they sleep around and complimented by all their mates yet women are sluts that get ignored......

lol....you're just an idiot. you dont even have any good insults. lol

you could at least be clever when you insult me...

don't wastem my time....

i personally refer to it as "ho *** chit".

it is equally as weak no matter which sex perpetrates.