Does anyone else remember that the US put Saddam in power?

Was anyone aware during the 80's? This guy was a US inserted leader, designed to leverage our position during the whole Iran CONTRA debacle. His insertion was brought about by members of the Reagan administration, who now work for Dubya! Why aren't people more pissed off at the appropriate target, which is the current US leadership? Why?!?!

Favorite Answer

Well finally..somebody who shares the same sentiments! :)

I hope I am wrong but I read somewhere that the very reason why many people are very ignorant about their historial facts is because of the bias coverage of the media. And no surprise, the biggest media factories belong to that of the aggressors.

People, read & research more and watch less TV. Be more skeptical of sensationalised news I say.

So! How did we know we were being fooled....have you forgotten what a darn liar Saddam was??? We are not pissed off at any body right now...we're celebrating the death of the most worthless human being around ...except...Bin Ladin

You're talking about the 80's... and asking us why we aren't pissed off at current leaders.....what's up with that?

It's obvious like the eye of the sun. We can ask ourselves this question: " if the U.S is so concerned about peace and democracy in the middle east, so why haven't it killed Saddam from the beginning while he was committing his crimes in Iraq?". All the Arab leaders we see today are exactly like chess pawns or marionette in U.S hands. If one of them is against the policies of the U.S simply he will be killed e.g- Saddam Hussein, he was killed when his mission was done. Simply, this was not done by U.S for the sake of peace and democracy.

Where is Bin Laden? Saddam was and still is just a way for the government to distract us from the real issues.

Saddam did not do his job. So he got offed.

I am not pissed off with the current admin. at all. I am pissed off that we let the Arabs get away with killing 3k of our people, blowing up 4 airplanes with passengers and leveling 2 landmark buildings. Doesn't that make you mad?!? Get your priorities straight. What do you want to do? Eff them! I think they will get real quiet now that the wearer of the boot on their throat is dead.

And we took in the poor ole Shah of Iran when he got sick, that made us real popular with the Iranians. That's how we got into the hostage mess. Maybe our leaders should study foreign policy instead of how to make a million and ska rew the public at the same time.

the us brought him kept oredering him its orders made him the bad guy and when he got sich of it and said i must stop and he did,they decided we must get rid of him..just like mafia...and then they say we want democracy..giveme a break..how stupid and unfair..

And that we supplied him with the chemical weapons he used to kill the Kurds.

Of course...Saddam was good as long as he served US interests...When he stopped doing this he was killed...

That's so weird, I thought the Iraqi people executed him. He was hanged right here in the U.S, right?