Ok..Honestly...How much do looks matter?

I know of course it is what we notice first. But be honest about how much it really matters after you get to know someone.

Favorite Answer

sometimes, people are selfish. actually they ALWAYS are.

some people are afraid of being looked down on so they try to look their best. they try to make friends with the cool and good looking group. it's peer pressure in school. but as we grow up, we continue this.

yes looks do matter to people. it matters to you. you might not notice but if you see someone who doesnt look as good or better than you, you might purposely walk away or avoid your eyes. maybe you might make a joke.

there are people that really take looks as a first. those people arent worth your time. of course, we all want to be good looking, and have pretty/handsome friends, family and etc. but it doenst always work. but looks dont make relationship happens. our personality does.

Honestly, everyone is attracted to the most good looking people, but in reality they gravitate to the ones at their own level of attractiveness. I think I'm better than average looking but not perfect, so I always end up dating better than average looking guys- not on purpose, but it just works that way. However after talking to the person a bit, if there isn't more there that makes them interesting to be around, then looks just aren't enough.

Guys, the best advice I can give to avoid turning off a person faster than an Antarctic Shower is make sure you smell nice. Looks are really not nearly as important as smell and second after smell is conversation. Make her or him laugh and find common topic to discuss. That will keep the relationship alive.

• Mark P

Everything is at least initially framed by appearance. In essence, the margins are increased for attractive people. The area of "charm" expands.

This is not to say that a free pass is issued... blatantly offensive is blatantly offensive, regardless of looks. But attractive people can get a "benefit of the doubt" on fringe behavior.

• OC

Looks matter in the beginning when you just met. After you get to know each other, looks don't matter much.

I use to be really shallow and set my standards really high, basically to protect myself (or so I thought), but then I met my current boyfriend. We were friends at first, then I fell in love with him. he isn't ugly, just over weight. I learned to love him inside first, then the outside didn't matter at all.

But the looks use to matter to me, only because I could use it as an excuse not to date anyone, mainly because I was afraid.

to some people it means alot but to alot what is inside matters the most. It doesnt matter at all after you get to know someone.

People judge somebody too much on their looks. If you know the person- what does it matter. If you like a certain person- you like the inside- that's where the beauty is.

When you first meet someone, looks mean alot. Thats what attracts you to the person.

As far as once you get to know someone, looks dont matter as much (at least to me). Ive known people who when I first meant them I didnt find them all that attractive, but once I got to know them, they became pretty sexy...

It does matter if you want to get people to talk and listen to you (cuz if you look weird they won't even give you a chance, unfair, i know!!!) but if someone truly loves you as much as you love them then it doen't matter, whether your Miss Universe, or a overweight quadrlaplejic

Source(s): Knowledge