How am i supposed to get my child to apply lotion on his dry skin, still need help?!?

MY 13 year old son has the dryest skin EVER, since winter his skin is just like sandpaper. His dry skin is everywhere on his body, and I got him Nivea body lotion for dry skin, and I said he MUST apply it on his body after his baths and showers.

I do his back because its hard for him to get the lotion on there, he does the rest. I Felt the bottle of lotion a couple days later and its still full besides when I do his back.

I do not even think he is using the lotion, I tried bribing him, did not work, and I applied lotion MYSELF on his body head to toe once to tell him a message that if he does not do it himself, I will.

I still do not know for sure for what I am supposed to do.

His skin is TOO ROUGH AND DRY to be ignored.

and yes, i say if he does not do it, i will do it every time, but still he sais he does it but i know he does not.

• Miss B
    Favorite Answer

Not trying to be funny but tell him girls dont like boys with dry skin! Use some child psychology on him.

I don't know how far you want to take this, but maybe tell him that if he doesn't do it himself, you'll do it until he's 18. Or maybe tell him you'll tell his friends that his mommy has to rub lotion on him, embarassing him into doing it himself. Or, take him to a dermatologist, and have the doctor explain to him what will happen if he doesn't take care of his skin. <*)))><

he has exema i had the same problem really badly around my whole body mostly joints. You should get a prescription cream for him, get him checked only if it gets worse.

i guess scare him by saying of which hez very scared,,, rather than applying lotion apply olive oil its tooooo good..

Source(s): mah mind