computer help?

is it possible to see what another computer is seeing and doing, if both computers are shareing the same network? if so how? how do i stop this problem if it is happening?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you enable remote access on both computers, then you could do it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

is it possible to see what another computer is doing on the same network... yes. Microsoft netmeeting is a program that allows something like that to happen. It allows 1 computer to either take control of another computer to show the user how to do something. Their are programs like pcanywhere and others like that. But if you are talking about your network being hacked, yes that too is possible.

The best way to keep your network safe (this is not a guarantee because all things have holes) is to put a password on your wireless router so that only people you want in your network is in your network. I also suggest you use a MAC Filter which uses computers specific MAC addresses and tells the router the person with this mac address can access the network.

If you are talking about your parents or someone you are sharing internet access with spying on you with specific programs, I have not heard of any out there. I am sure there are some crazy programers who hack into systems that way. But that is far and few between and most likely your parents are not doing that. If they are... your parents must be the GATES.

• 1 decade ago

There are various ways that networked computers can wtahc eachother, an example is NetSupport...which is a program that lets an adminstrator monitor all activity on a network. However these programs don't tend to be to stealthy (as there needs to be a program installed on your system) However Im sure there are stealth ones out there. Anyways, a way to stop it...I'm not quite sure, besides making sure that no programs are installed on your system that will allow this...

• 1 decade ago

some program has to allow for this to happen and unless its a virus you can probably find it in the task manager and just kill the program. and to prevent it from starting up goto "run" under the start menu type in "msconfig" and "startup" tab kill which ever program is doing this. all the programs in the start up menu run seperate of the actual operating system so you could kill all of them and play the guessing game. If its some parental watch dog software this may delay the problem and the solution wont be easy

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

the program for this is usually VNC or a variant. there is ultraVNC and several others. it can be run as a service or a an application so there are various places to look for it running as startup, try typing MSCONFIG in the run box. I think it usually uses port 5900 so if you can have your firewall block that it should also stop it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If the network has remote access use a wireless laptop, that might help.

• 1 decade ago

disconnect ur share

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

give ur mail. i wl send u a s/w

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.