Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Describe a life-altering experience that you had. How was it life-altering?

Being that most of the questions found here are completly off the wall most of the time, I thought I eould ask a though provoking question.

Favorite Answer

when my sister died because that was the first time i found out life is a *****

she was suppose to be recovering from kemo

The day I found my coworker hanging from his shower rod by his own belt. I shouldn't say hanging more like slumped over. The shower rod wasn't tall enough so he just slumped over and the belt was tied to the rod and then fastened the buckle and rest of it around his neck and then just waited for his life to end. I'm guessing he took some pills with those 8 empty beer bottles that were on the floor. I can't imagine anyone being able to slump over continuously and wait for it to end while the belt tightens around your neck.

Becoming a refugee as war happened in my country of origin. Everything I knew was taken away (lifestyle, people, security). I discovered the good, the bad and the ogly of human nature, questioned God and my existance, learned to make fast decisions, learned to trust, to forgive, to pray, to hope, to ask, to give, what to fear and what not to fear, to stand up and find a voice of reason and act on it, found courage, confidence, compassion, patience, what's important what's not... Made me stronger, better, experienced... Learned that (some) grass with (cooked) slugs and salt makes a good salad, how to pluck, gut and cook a pigeon... Glad I can go to supermarket now, but will still teach my kids one day how to survive without mod-con's!

Being abandoned by my parents.

My growth focused on survival and I had neither the intelligence nor experience to make realistic decisions. I felt terror and despair which gave energy to my focus. The "decisions" I made were based on unconscious associations rather then intelligence. I didn't realize these associations until I got into psychoanalysis.

Deep penetrating spiritual experience of being anointed with a double portion anointing...by 5 angels and Jesus Christ with oil witnessed by myself, my daughter, and my wife. confirmed by Prophet who never met us before. The events that followed afterward.Its still changing my life.

Being Called to do the work of God. Its continuous in its life altering ramifications.

• poyner

My kinfolk exchange into extremely properly off while i exchange into 12. Our domicile burned right down to the floor with no longer something salvaged while i exchange into 13. My stepfather took off with each and every of the insurance funds and left my mom and that i destitute. We ended up in a one-room apartment on the floor with the clothing i exchange into donning that nighttime. particularly changing, does not you assert?

my death during the tranmulfriction of the sumarian race by the dark underlords and then subjigated to an eternity of collecting the souls of the dead and seeing to their reward or punishment !, now top my life story, the grim reaper 69 !

Sorry russell sounds terrible