Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Why do guys like to say "I'd hit that" or "I'd tap that" like they can?

They like to use it especially when posting anonymously on the internet but God knows they probably have difficulties getting to know a girl and the women they say "i'd hit that" about are out of their league.

Do they say it to make themselves feel better or it's an animal thing where they have to show off their "power" so people can witness how potent they are?

Favorite Answer

Its usually said by the typical jock asshole who thinks they can get any girl they wish. So they say this crap in front of their friends so the ones who dont have a mind of there own look up in a dumb-founded glow of this comment and think to theirselves..."wow...hes awesome"...lol.

basically its for the guy who is not smart enough to go to the store buy some flowers, hand them to a girl, give her a compliment and get to know her, and then possibly go on a date with her to learn more about her and actually treat her right...most guys now think they are the **** because they use terms like "id hit that" or "id tap that".

I have a mowhawk, tattoos and rap...and I still know how to treat a woman.

It's not always the alpha-male arrogance that motivates that phrase. I say that a lot, but I'm a virgin and 25. I would pride myself as respectful to women. Maybe I'm not as respectful as I should be if that saying is seen by some as derogatory, but sometimes when I'm with my friends, they see a girl and start to criticize her from A to Z, head to toe. In my opinion, no guy has the right to do that, since "beauty is universal" (another saying of mine). So, to counter their scrutiny, I say en response, "Well, I'd hit it." I'm always well-aware that I don't stand a chance, but I just say it to show them that their "standards" are too lofty.

• rosey

Nah, Sweetie, it is just pure DNA- it is in their genes and it is the way they have been taught to behave. Of course, you and I can sit back and laugh our heads off at them since we know they probably don't have a chance in hell of hitting or tapping nothing. Go figure.

They are not showing thier "power" as they don't really have any. they are merely expressing thier frustration of knowing that they probably never will be able to "tap" or "hit" that, in such a way as to asuage thier feeble little minds in a manner that seems macho to them.

They probably also have little PP's .

Well DA! If Brittney Spears was naked in your bed, would you tap that, or just play with yourself? You must be a virgin to ask that question, or gay. You mean to tell me that if a hot woman came into your sight that you don't think about doing her? If someone doesn't than they have some real personality problems.

Some guys try to talk street or tough around other guys so they say things that to us sound stupid but to them sounds cool. It's like they have their own private language.

i dont know why they say the things that virgens say.because ive hit there dreams and tapped that *** so many times that its the **** .

I think most people are not hearing the most important part of the sentence.

"I'd" is short for "I would".

Not "I could"...

It's just apart of getting to know each others tastes in women...

Thanks for asking and not just hating us over silly stuff...

.

They say it because they want to do it, dumbass!

Like if you saw a pizza and said,

"Oh, I'd love to eat that!"

Doesn't mean you're arrogant about pizza eating.

Damn! Grow the F up!

It's to hide their latent homosexuality from their buddies.