Are you upset that System Of A Down is calling it quits?

That is the best news ive heard all week.

Favorite Answer

Omg they really are? I am so happy! I thought they sucked and were so overated! I hated how they wanted people to take them seriously, yet they wrote horrible lyrics.

System of a Down (also referred to as S.O.A.D. or System) is a four-piece alternative metal band, formed in 1995 in Los Angeles, California.

Their name was inspired by a poem written by band member Daron Malakian entitled "Victims of a Down" (commonly mistaken for what is written on the back of their first album). Fellow band member Shavo Odadjian felt that "System" was a much stronger word[citation needed].

All four members are of Armenian ethnicity, grandsons of the Armenian Genocide survivors, and are widely known for their outspoken social and political views found in many of their songs. System of a Down is a part of the Axis of Justice, a non-profit organization formed by Tankian and Tom Morello that is dedicated to bringing together musicians, music fans and grassroots political organizations to fight for social justice.

i think that they are very talented artists. how can you guys judge them? you have never met them yet you say theyre @$$holes? they are very nice people and they are fun to be around. people liked them until 9/11. then they thought that because they're Armenian, they are haters of american society. their music was banned from the radio because it was too contraversal..whatever. hate if you want, but we are loosing a band that wasnt afraid to tell us americans what we are doing wrong. and i m not afriad to say it, but we do wrong a lot. i for one am personally upset at this untrue claim. thank you

Thank God! That man has a terrible voice. The music totally rocks but as soon as that guy starts singing it all goes down hill. Maybe the other band members will get a good singer just like Velvet Revolver did.

I don't think it's either way. I enjoy their music so i'll keep my cds, thankyouverymuch. but sometimes it's best to not live your life in that environment for too long. there's a time to live a normal life, ya know? I think they're a bit old, aswell.

Im not upset.. but I like a couple of their songs.. but most of em SUCK... the lead singer used to have the padded room beside mine.. he didnt have a straight jacket though..

awwwwwwwwwww no ... say it aint so ... they had some great songs .... were not afraid 2 say what they thought ...

this can not be true...

byob- lonelyday - hypnotize - lots of great songs .....

they cant split .... take time off is ok ... but we need their voice .....

open peoples eyes ... tell the truth and uncover all the lies ...

soad !!

• Well i only heard one song, BYOB,.. but i really like it....a bit angry, hey, or whatever,.. loud ....but i like that song...i guess i'd have to hear more of their music to judge....but if i havent decided whether or not i like an artist, i gess it would be bad news that they quit......

I hadn't heard their quitting. They aren't one of my favorites but they are alright. That kind of sucks though.

Yeah I'm bummed.

• mimi

I didnt even know that. Dont matter to me..there last CD sucked