Why are the Godfather and Scarface heroes?

Update:

I put this in the immagration thread because they are both immagrants. Scarface was definatly illegal and the Godfather probably was too.

Update 2:

Scarface was legal until he murdered someone and escaped the camp during the riot.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Its because they are/were the underdogs of society, they were individuals who were shunned and turned away of having a normal living, so they had to fight to take what they wanted and turn their life into something great and powerful.

So people who are down on their luck and are reaching for the stars look up to these people, because they had nothing and came from nothing, and ended up overtaking the world and becoming very powerful and strong individuals. It is true, they are heroes, I myself stand behind the Scarface Movie...its basically just comes down to it that sometimes you need to do whatever it takes to get where you want...the people who arnt willing..are the ones who seem to get stepped on.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Because they both took care of their families fiercely. And the Godfather was LEGAL and so was Scarface. The boy godfather went Thur Ellis island and the quarantine & Scarface was sent to the US by Cuba with a large group and was processed thru US immigration in Florida.

Source(s): The Movies.
  • 1 decade ago

The Boyd Gang, Jesse James, Captain Morgan, Cole Younger, Billy the Kid, John Dillinger.....

• 1 decade ago

Because despite the horrible criminal actions of these characters they are stories about people that came from another country with nothing only to get everything. Most people can relate to this regardless of the violence.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

because the godfather has a sense of power, loyalty and hospitality that everyone wishes they could have

The Godfather = greatest movie ever made : )

• 1 decade ago

It says much about those people and i can tell you what it is. They wanted a better life for themselves. and they found it. I want one too.

• 1 decade ago

Hey, did you know that they are fictitious. Lets see, Bonnie and Clyde are your heroes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

people like them because in their movies they were real about their sh*t and would do whatever it takes to get their dreams and plans accomplished

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

we love our high end criminals in this country,,,they have character,,and it's fun to see people suffer

• paki
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

violence

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.