Is it true that the Bible is pornographic?

Keep in mind the definition of pornography.

Favorite Answer

Pornography is in the eye of the beholder. I consider it pornographic because of the mass murder and gruesome death. But then again I consider all depictions of violence to be pornographic.

• bess

No. Exactly what is your definition of pornography? That way we could keep it in mind. To me pornography is about getting aroused and I have never been sexually aroused reading the bible now give me a Nora Roberts novel and it is different story.

• Sean S

i dont belive that is true... the bible teaches us what is going to happen ine afterlife and what the future foreholds for us If it was pornography i dont think churches would have bibles in there... it teaches what god wants us to do and what god says what is right and what is wrong.. No i have never heard of the bible being pornographic... whoever told u that is seriously mistaken

• ?

I am not stupid I know what pornography means. And answering your question NO the Bible is not pornographic

• TOM

the best way to find that answer would be to read the bible.but to my way of thinking not in the least is the bible pornographic

No, nothing sexually obscene or explicit about it. But it can be very direct on certain subjects and shouldn't be mistaken for pornography.

• shrek

wow! Never knew that. Cud anyone tell me where to get the divine porn?Specific parts etc.?

Damn! should not have thrown it away. Now i'll have to buy one. OR rather download one. Hmm.

NO wonder those guys in white keep reading it.The pervs.

• There are lots of writings about prostitutes in the bible. Porno-prostitute, graphikos-writings, pretty self-explanatory.

the accusation that the bible is pornographic is false.

What's the matter, can't read it yourself?