If you have an oily skin in your face, is there a chance for it to become dry?

what i mean is, if your face is oily, is there a chance for it to become not oily anymore or less oily. I really hate my situation right now cause my face is oily.

Favorite Answer

It gets less oily with age.

It needs attention. Wash as many times a day as you can. Most definitely Morn, evening and night. Oily skin is much better in the long run. Does not age easily.

Also , to keep a fresh face you need to shampoo your hair at least every 3 days. If not 2.

My skin has changed so much in the past ten years, it's unbelieveable. As a pre-teen I had pretty normal skin, not too oily or too dry, then in the teenage years I had a really oily complexion, and now my skin is really dry and i have to moisturize all the time. So chances are your skin will change again in your lifetime.

When I had oily skin, I used a toner like SeaBreeze to help, just soaked a cotten ball with it in the morning and wiped it all over my face. If you're a girl, consider switching form liquid foundations to a mineral powder foundation, more expensive but helps with the oil a great deal, I've heard.

Ok, my suggestion goes contrary to popular belief but hear me out. I have come to believe from various sources that the skin produces oil to compensate for actually being too dry and not hydrated enough. Often it is a problem that is more internal than external. ie yes products and cleansing help, but won't eliminate the problem. It is possible to keep it in moderation though by eating the right things, and here is the thing: ensure that you take in enough omega 3 and omega 6 oils. These are the good oils that your body needs to keep you healthy, especially skin and hair. If you don't eat enough oily fish in your diet (I'm not talking fish fried in oil) or other natural foods rich in the omegas, then take a good supplement. Evening primrose oil is good, even for men, and you get pure Omega 3/6 supplements too.

Also then ensure that you drink plenty of water.

But DO NOT cleanse more than twice a day. This will just keep stripping your skin of the oil it is working to produce to keep it hydrated and it will make it work harder, which is not what you want. You need to use an excellent moisuriser too.

Not only will skin become less oily with age but the over use of some products can make skin too dry.

Oily skin is always the best. Never try to dry that for long term. You can use some cosmetics which covers the oiliness for sometime. You can have from Garnier collections.

Eventually your face and everything else will dry up. That's old age for ya.

there are some oil controlling products and astringents out there.

i like neutragena or biore astringents.

with time and those products you can become shine and oil free.

u can use glycolic skin tonner

when you get older