I don't believe in the bible?

I believe in God and nobody can tell me I have to believe in both. In your opinion, does this condemn me? If it does..do you think your God is good?

Favorite Answer

I think as long as you give it some sort of respect you are fine. The people that did write the bible did it with good intentions, so we have to honour that.

Yes, god is good.

I also am a believer. I pray every night but have never nor do I intend to ever read th Bible. It was written by man. I answer to God & only God. This DOES NOT condemn you, there are people who go to Church every week read the Bible out of duty & then are sinners for the next 6 days. You're fine & don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

No it doesn't condemn you, but where did your reasoning for not believing in the Bible come from?

Most people accept the Bible as the Word of God, think of it like this, the Bible writers were God's secretaries, the Bible was written by man but inspired by God. Much like a boss instructs his secretary to send out a memo on his behalf.

Also the Bible has an important message for all humans. It teaches that God is a God of love and that he sent his son to die on our behalf so that we can have forgiveness of sins and a better hope for the future.

Honey, nobody can tell you what to think....that is the free will that God gave to everyone. With that being said, God is true and their is Truth in the Bible. Let God be true, and every man a liar. Just bcuz you dnt believe in the Bible....does not mean that it is not His Word. I will not condemn anyone for believing this way, it is the devil himself whom i gv all the blame to. he has deceived many many many people and is still at hard work. Jesus Christ is real. Many do not think their is any proof of Him being God's son. some say that He was a great prophet, or just a good and wise man, but i say to you that if that was the case, then he was neither, He either was the Son of God, or the biggest liar in the world. I have proof that He is real and The Holy Bible is real, that proof is me. i know what i was b4 i met Him and i knw what i am now, and only He could of changed my wrecked up life, to bring honor and glory to Himself. so as fo me,yes i believe in God(Jesus) and His Holy Word(the Bible) as my final authority for EVERYTHING. so if you dnt believe it, it doesn't neccesarily condemn you, but why wouldn't you have faith and just simply believe that God's Word is Truth....there is proof of it in christians who are true christians that actually live what they preach.

I don't believe this condemns you, this is your belief and as long as you believe in God he will protect you. I have had doubts about there being a heaven since my friend died last year but I have never lost my faith in God. I don't believe that condemns me in any way. The bible was not written by God, maybe with his guidance and as long as you aren't sinning, killing, or worshiping the devil you should be find with God.

Just Believe!!

• You don't have to do anything. You could read the bible to learn more about God since you believe in him, but really it's just to help you learn good virtues. You probably pretty much already know all the important stuff that the bible says anyway.

You are free to believe in God without believing in the Bible, but that pretty much means you are inventing your own God. The God of the Bible drowned, tortured, and slaughtered millions, and repeatedly COMMANDED his followers to kidnap, enslave, torture, rape, abort, and kill people. Most Christians have never read the entire Bible, so they don't know about all that stuff. Many CLAIM that they believe and follow the Bible, but unless they are out slaying their neighbors and ripping open pregnant women, as God commands, they are inventing their own God, too.

Source(s): Bible. Just a few of hundreds of examples: Ezekiel 9:6, Isaiah 13:16, Deuteronomy 13:15, Leviticus 20:9, Exodus 32:27, Deut 21:10-12, Joshua 7:15, and Hosea 13:16.

How can God be blamed for your self-condemnation?

"Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him. You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned" Titus 3:10-11

• NONAME

It doesn't condemn you. Stop judging Christianity by the vocal minority. Who cares if you don't believe in the Bible? You might want to look at that attitude, though. When you say, "No one can make me..." it sounds like you are just reacting to something, rather than making your own decision.

I believe in God, but I question the Bible.

I don't believe it condemns you. Find ways to appreciate God without engaging propaganda (both pro and con).

Find God within.