Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Why is it that although Jesus said: no man shall know the hour ...: people think they can out guess him?

Favorite Answer

It never will happen. I don't know why people keep thinking such a fairy tale.

KJV: But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

Hum... Assuming that this is a relatively accurate translation... If I was to attempt miracles, would I really try to do them in His name? Nope, I don't think I would.

John 14.12 (KJV):

Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believer on me,

the works that I do shall he do also, and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go to my Father.

Here there is no statement of these works being done 'in his name' belief is the only requirement. So, from my point of view any miracles I might perform are quite safe from peril since I would never do miracles in His name. I think it would be quite rude of me to do any miracles in the name of someone else. This is actually against current law, it's called forgery and fraud. Besides why should I give the credit to anyone else for my own mastery of spiritual principles. The only one who deserves that is the creator.

Now, what really was your question?

Setting dates and times, points in history in which one can use to define and focus one's life and path is something mankind is prone to. We like doing it. Saying "WE are the FINAL (and by extention the MOST IMPORTANT!!!) generation!" is something man has always loved to do. It gives a sense of drama and meaning to their lives. And so, people delve into the bible and try to find hidden messages, secret codes, and anything they can to try and prove this fact.

Oh, and the world will come to an end in 2050. The PSALMIC code PROVES it!

• If the hour was pre-determined, and set in stone, and formulated according to logic, then it can in fact be discovered by logic, supposing of course, that there is anything to discover. That is to say, unless he continuously changes the hour, but then that means that humans are capable of influencing the decisions of god, rendering him subject to human will.

Source(s): Common sense.

OR MAYBE, if your smart, you realized that:

Jesus said or was written to have said 'No man shall know the hour of my return.' Because if he had given an exact date as soon as it passed the set of beliefs that is christianity would recieve a severe blow.

This article can PROVE christianity is false beyond a shadow of a date...not give substantial evidence against...but PROVE.

He will not return. If Jesus ever existed...he stopped existing a good while ago.

I can't tell you the hour, but I can tell you the approximate day.

It will be on a Wednesday -- give or take 3 days.

• ?

Jesus will come back when all the prophesies from revelations has been for filled..

God Bless You

Peter: Don't feel bad ... non-believers are going to become instant believers at His Return !!!

• ?

It just creates hype. People crave change, and that is The Big One as far as change goes.

Haha... yeah. That's pretty true.

They can just keep on guessing, and then it will come at a time when *nobody* was expecting it.....

That'll be a good laugh. Like, the one time when nobody is expecting Him.... and then He comes.....

• because they are deceived and wanted to show them out as hero's

but it is very obvious we all should be prepated to Meet Jesus Christ at any time and at any hour.

Maranatha.............. Jesus Comes