ok so i some how accidently ignored my friend and he has a red minus sign next to smiley face help any1???

i accdently ignored my friend and it says he's online but he stepped out plz some1 help me!!

Favorite Answer

You can NOT ignore someone thats in your yahoo messenger list, it will pop up saying you cant do that.

The only way to ignore him is to delete him off your list and THEN ignore him, otherwise they is no way he would still be on your messenger.

He just put a status message up.

On your Yahoo messenger box

Click on Messenger - Preferences

Choose ignore list

Find your friends ID from the list and click on Remove

But if the icon says he stepped out , it doesnt mean that you have ignore the person ( you can check it by asking him to send you a message if he is ignored you will not receive his message), the status message on your friends messenger is set to stepped out, he needs to change his status message

that just means he left for a little bit however you might want to re-add him so he can still chat with you.