Question on "Wash It All Away" by Evanesence?

Through out the song there is a mans voice. I'm wondering if this was made just for the song or if it is from a movie or something.

It is:

"You hold the answers deep within your own mind.

Consciously, you've forgotten it.

That's the way the human mind works.

Whenever something is too unpleasant, too shameful for us

to entertain, we reject it.

We erase it from our memories.

But the IMPRINT is always there."

Also half way in the song there is a womans voice, it doesn't sound like Amy Lee's and she says:

"We're supposed to try and be real.

And I feel alone, and we're not together. And that is real."

Anyone know anything about this, and some references I could look up on the net??? Thanks!!!

I downloaded the song. It's from an EP from 1998 before they hit it big. Here is a link to some other songs on it:

http://www.lyricsmania.com/lyrics/evanescence_lyri...

Favorite Answer

Here's a link for Understanding. Towards the middle, right before the lyrics, it explains where the voices are from.

Where did you get this song? I have never heard of such a song by Evanescence. Is it from their EP or in Fallen? If it doesn't sound like Amy, it's not her. Her voice is very distinct and so's her style. The lyrics fit their image but this mystery guy... It's definitely not off The Open Door or Anywhere But Home.

Actually the song is called Understanding and the man's and woman's voices in the song are actually clips from the movies "My World Dies Screaming" and "When A Man Loves A Woman". I love this song I've been listening to it for the past hour. If you need more info here is a link

http://evanescencereference.info/wiki/index.php?ti...

And for the info look at the one from the first EP.

EVANESCENCE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm i dunno either, i always wondered too, and it is Amy! i love that song! there's another verion of it where the man doesnt talk.. =]

who cares, amy is so fuggin' sexy its satannic

• is it off the new album??