Is it true that if your the only son in your family, you wont be drafted when u turn 18?

just wondering if its true or not...

if so..does that count for someone who has a half brother?

chill out Mandy..

ooh..well i meant sent into the army or something..

Favorite Answer

The USA has no draft. When they did, that exemption applied when the son was primary support to the family, or his absence would be a qualified hardship.

It is not an exemption in most countries with compulsory service.

• rosey

The draft is not in effect at the moment; but I can see why you would be concerned. I have heard this to be true since I was a little girl. I was under the impression the way it goes is the only son of an only son.

• linton

real, yet all American adult males might desire to sign up with the Selective service gadget at age 18 irregardless of no count if there's a draft or no longer. it is a Federal regulation. on the instant, there is no draft.

In Italy where military service is mandatory you will be drafted even if you are the only son in a family. But, if your mother is a widow, the ELDEST son is excused from military service.

no and no and it won't keep you from being sent to war either! not anymore. the next draft that is started will not descriminate because of sex either! neither being the only son or the only one that can continu the family name or being female will keep you from being sent to war!

Source(s): got it from a senators aide. we are a military family. my daughter is in and an iraqi freedom veteran.

it used to be. Unless you have already had male children to pass on the family name. Like I said it used to be that way.

• Amelia

David P is absolutely correct.

It depends on whether it is war time or peace time

• ?

not true although I believe it might alter whether you are deployed into hostilities.

Who are you to say I didnt f uck Jesse! How would you know! Were you there?!