Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 decade ago

computer is dumb!!!!!!!!!!!?

I turned on my computer and it didnt start normally it went to the set up screen (f8) and says, run in safe mode, start windows normally etc. I have choosed all of them but each time the computer never boots to my selection. If i hit safe mode it starts to load hlfway than goes back to the setup menu, so pretty much what im saying is every option i pick goes back to the start up menu and my computer never loads. any advice? thnks

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like you have a bad virus. I suggest you format and recovery to factory settings. It's a pain in the butt, but it always works.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

What you're experiencing is usually associated with a "pirate" version of XP ... or a ghosted version of XP that's been installed on a totally different type of computer ...either way ... a format and clean install seems to be the best way to go

You could "piggy back" the drive off another computer as slave to retrieve any data you may want to keep

• 1 decade ago

get the cd corresponding to ur OS and insert it when ur computer boots... press f8 or del and give the command to boot from the CD drive... If that also doesn't work then try formatting ur c drive and reinstall windows...

• 1 decade ago

I think you might have a virus. Or your harddrive is corrupt. I had this problem loooong time ago and that is what it turned out to be.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you have two options:reinstall your OS or format your harddisk

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its proboly a virus

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.