Could You Possibly Ship Yourself A Gun Cross-Country?

I want to ship my .45 from CT to AZ, where the gun was sold. I know USPS has a policy against it, but if you were to do it anyway, would you risk federal prosecution? I just want my baby back with minimal hassle. I don't want to fill out a page long declaration or anything. Thanks.

• Carole
    Favorite Answer

You can ship your gun to a gun dealer via the mail. They will likely charge you for this service. The post office will also ship firearms to police agencies. If you know a cop, now would be a good time to kiss up to him and see if he can help you with this. Do not take the risk of mailing it undisclosed. You could end up in some serious deep doodoo. I don't know how other mail carriers like FedEx and UPS handle firearm shipments. Ask them about it too.

• Jim G

Shipping of firearms can be done. It must be done between licensed firearm dealers. The dealers on both ends may charge you a fee for this. FedEx offers this service and it is not cheap. Insure that weapon is unloaded and disassembled would be even better. Pack it securely. It can be shipped directly to you if you tender it to a licensed dealer in point A. You can receive it directly on point B. Send me a message if you need more info.

I know of several people who have done so to avoid having the firearm in checked luggage on their flight. I don't know any of the other particulars of their experience. I believe you actually will need to use an FFL on the other end, undergoing the NICS check when you pick it up.

• ?

use UPS or Fed Ex