when i gave birth to my son?

(sorry this may sound gross) i had a full bladder. the doc didn't have time to cath me before i birthed but he did after and it was full. while i was pushing, i managed to not pee all over the place. anyone know why that is, like, does giving birth stop those types of functions somehow? i'm thinking no because i've heard stories...

if not, how is it that i didn't shower the doc. (like i said, sorry, sounds gross but i really am curious)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The baby's head was probably pressing on the ureter, blocking the flow of urine, especially if you didn't push for very long.

It's very common to pee or poop when you push....believe me....most women do it and we just don't tell them.

Source(s): I'm a labor and delivery nurse.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

No your question was not gross at all. When I had my daughter I peeded all over the table becuase everyone kept saying it was the baby and not me having to go to the bathroom.

• 1 decade ago

you didn't pee because the presure of the baby in your birth canal shut off the opening to your bladder.

• 1 decade ago

i pooped all over the table but didn't pee, but doctors are used to all that, it happens all the time....just a natural part of giving birth

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

your urethra might have been blocked off by your son's head...

Not really sure though

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.