Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

My son is sissy?

My son doesn't want to join the army because he is afarid of dying. I did my duty and so did his brother. His brother came back with mentally wounded and he didn't regret anything and either did I. I would die for my country anyday of the week. I told my son even if he did die it would be for his country and its ok. But hes a sissy and is afarid. He is 17 already and i want him to enlist next year. He is so selfish skipping out on his duty. If this was the good old days i would just beat him but i'm to old now. Also this war in iraq is taking to long. The democrats should give bush more power so we can just bomb the place and then leave and solve our oil problem. We need oil and we need more of it quick i say just take the place, mine all the oil and leave. To make things easier bomb some more stuff too and kill all the resisting. Am i right right-winged republicans? Screw bringing democracy there, we went there for oil anyways.

Favorite Answer

He is not a sissy, just a typical liberal!!

When I read this question, I couldn't help but wonder where the boy's father is in the picture. I can't help but believe part of this may relate to the absence of a male role model in the boy's life. Of course, I'm only guessing, but if that's the case, I'm not sure there's much to be done about it. And, as has been mentioned, this is not some terminal illness the boy has - he just seems to be a little bit of a dandy. Whether your son is gay or straight, butch or effeminate, what he really needs is to learn how to be what a man really is - a person whose word is his bond, a person who will give everything he has to provide for himself and those he loves and a person who believes in a sense of right and wrong that will guide him through his life. So, expose your son to the things you believe would be good for him to see. A man needs backbone to stick up for himself in this world, so if you get the impression your son needs toughening up, by all means you should expose him to things that will toughen him up. However, I wouldn't be too concerned if he's a little more Felix Unger than John Wayne. I wish you and your family well.

While being prepared to defend your country is an honourable attitude I don't think joining up to attack other countries is so noble. The US has created another Vietnam in Iraq and the loss of US blood over there is a waste. So given the situation I support your son's view. I'm sure he would enlist if the US was facing a direct threat.

As for bombing and taking the oil - hey don't you think Bush is ahead of you on this one?

what is your problem, i don't think your son is sissy, i think he is brave for standing up to his a**hole of a father and telling him what he really wanted to do, how can you actually believe that he is sissy just because he wants to be there to be able to have a future and how can you think he is being selfish? why do you think that death is the answer to everything? we are trying to HELP Iraq not kill them out, some there are terrorists but most are innocent civilians being terrorized every day of their lives they are in a civil war just like we were hundreds of years ago and look how we turned out, and how can you not see that the people there are suffering how that thousands of Innocent people are killed every day for no reason at all if we do not help bring democracy there then they will continue bombing us and the war could be brought here, don't get me wrong i do believe that the war is taking to long and it sounds like you care more about what you pay for oil that your son's life i could not stand telling anyone that if they die its OK because it was for your country and it does not sound like you value human life like any other normal person and if he dosent want to enlist then its his decision maybe he is different than you and your other son don't take me wrong i respect the fact that you served for the country that i live in now and i am thank-full but i do think that you are the sissy because you cant face the fact that your son dosent want to be exactly like you, and i don't blame him, &Bush has alot more sence than you would think and he isn't stupid enough to bomb the palce, something even worse than 911 would come from that, there is no quick fix for anything i feel sorry for your son, after all you've said to him it even makes me feel like you dont care about him and i dont even have and idea of who you are besides a verry confused war vetrin who dosent have a clue about what he is saying just the fact that you posted that shows that you dont have the sence to ask a question insted of making violent remarks, and degrading your son, what a pitiful life you must lead if forcing your son to go to war is all you can think about, i sugest that you leave the poor boy aloneand let him make his own decisions, he is ONLY 17, for most boys that is a time to live life to the fullest not go to war and possably ruin their future or end their life before they even get a chance to experience the many things that only come w/ older age, some want to risk their lifes for their country and some want to live their lifes for their country

It is very commendable that you and your son served this country. But some people are just not cut out for the military. As long as your son doesn't do anything to harm this country, I don't think his not serving in the military is a big deal. Maybe he can contribute some other way. You should rethink your feelings and support your son. Thank you for your service.

Because you and your other son went to the war doesn;t mean that he has to go too. He is different and that is why this is called world and we human because everybody thinks differently. I think, you like father should comprehend that he doesn't wanna go there and if you forced him he will only do it against his will which is bad. Parents can not forced their children to do want they don't want to do. Follow the steps, that doesn't mean he is a sissy or something. Put in his shoes and maybe you can comprehend him.

Good Luck! Happy New Year!

with all due respect sir i find your opinions completely biased, immoral, detrimental, and dangerously stupid. i am a member of the army national guard. Am i a sissy b/c i'm not a full- time soldier? the armed forces are not for everybody. the fear of dying is perfectly normal for everyone. those who don't fear death are dangerous to society and themselves. as far as your thoughts on parenting, i'm sure that with a father such as yourself your children have some twisted views on such things as democracy, humanity, and normalcy for that matter. from now on don't you ever tell people that you were in the service. people as mentally incapacitated as yourself are a danger to everyone and a sorry reminder of just how dimwitted some people are. you are a shame to the united states army.

I hope your son is a big enough man to stay what you call a

(sissy) and a decent person and not let you turn hem into the killer you want hem to be. You are also a bully. The real problem there is your son has a mind of his own, and it sounds like a good one.

What the hell is wrong with you. It is obvious your son is sane. Why would anyone want to join up to get sent to die so some rich @$$#0LE can make more money. I hope when he turns 18 he gets away from you and never talks to you again. Freak.

Ah for the days of forced impressment... Get him to commit a crime and cut a deal with the DA, the pokie or basic training.

You are disgusting! I wouldn't die for this dumbass country either. Or any country. Sounds like your son inherited the only brains in the family.