What do you like to dance to at parties?

hi there, i am a party DJ and looking to find out what you would request from a DJ at a party, need lots of suggestions for new years party songs!

Very much appreciated!

Favorite Answer

'70s disco/funk/soul

I really like dancing to Daft Punk's Techno Logic and Around the World. They're really good for people who love techno music. Also, there is Crazy Frog becuase it has a fun beat to dance too so some people might enjoy that and there is He's a Pirate which is the song from POTC. It's loads of fun.

Now if you want some soft songs, I might suggest something sung by Josh Groban or maybe a nice Elton John song. Those are great for slow dancing. Hope this helps.

Richard - I don't know who you are going to be playing for and that's going to make all the difference in the world - your audience. However, if I were at your party - I would be requesting OLD SCHOOL (Isley Brothers, Marvin Gaye, Earth, Wind Fire, Chicago, Sting, Journey, Disco-songs (Donna Summer, etc) Make sure you add - 80's and 90's music. If you have a young crowd you have to have SOME HIP HOP. Watch the language: (cursing and degradation). You have to have songs so that people can do the ELECTRIC SLIDE - CHARLIE BROWN - you know - line dancing....And don't forget SLOW MUSIC. For some reason, young people do not know how to slow dance anymore. Include some "calypso/salsa' dance music. People are really getting into learning how to do that kind of dancing since the 'dance shows on t.v.'. Depending upon your crowd will determine what kind of music you'll need to play - but be safe - get a variety of 'soul/r&b, etc to please everyone.

Techno, Trance, Break Beat, Jungle, House, Drum n Bass

Like, I like to dance to hip-hop, but a few rock songs and slow song would be nice in between. But not every song has to be a hip-hop song, or a rock song, and etc.

Reggaeton

Being a fan of classic rock, I'd want lots of Rolling Stones music most of all!

Shiny toy guns, acdc, Jet.

Dont mind these other idiots get some calypso from the Caribbean and some old dub from Jamaica and Barbados

• MuZzZ

hip hop