More questions about blue screen of death.?

On my other computer when it is started up a blue screen comes up its says that it needs to shut down to protect my computer from damages it wont let my computer go into safe mode or anything it goes right back to that blue screen what can i do?? someone else built the computer so i dont have the xp disk to reinstal windows, i need help what can i do??????

..A few weeks before this happend my cdrom stopped working so i cant use a boot up disk. i restarted it and it says NTLDR is missing. WTF IS THAT.

i know alot about computers but ive never encounterd this.

Favorite Answer

try to check any hardware or software that you installed maybe something wrong with the installation you can do that by pressing F8 when the computer start if you cant do anything about it you have to reformat your hard drive

You will have to format and reinstall windows, If you get this done which you may not be able because your hard drive is going bad. You will eventually have to replace the drive so if you are thinking of upgrading to a larger drive this might be a good time.

If your computer is not working properly while you are working on it, it could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software.

Detailed instructions at http://tinyurl.com/yk5zpr