Xbox 360 hardrive issue?

I just finally got my hard drive, cause I went cheap and got the 360 core system. A mistake i know but had to do what i had to do. So again I went cheap today and bought a used 20gb hard drive at EB games. When i plugged it in it only showed 13.9 gigs of free space. Is this normal or do i need to take this thing back

Favorite Answer

its because the person who owned the hard drive first, used up some memory from his games, erase his data, and u will have full memory in ur hard drive.

It's normal. They use the first 7 gig for system updates from Live and any updates from new games. Test Drive Unlimited updates your 360, as does Gears of War with some new bits and bobs for better game play. So the 6.1 gigs are left for all that.

It's normal. The 7 gigs are used for the system and are supposed to be untouched. It's for updates, profiles, etc.

that's constantly extra constructive to place in video games on your troublesome tension, in case you have the memory for it. It helps the console and makes it run quieter and cooler. in case you install a scratched disc no longer something will take place it in basic terms places the activity records on your troublesome tension.

its normal. but learn not to go cheap no more unless u want spend ur life buying memory units.

If it's used the previous owner had a lot of stuff on it.