Wireless Internet Connection at AT&T?

Okay, we have internet service from AT&T, but it gets so slow.

Here are the problems:

*Our internet either is gone or gets really slow on and after 5:00PM.

*When it is still going after 5PM, it is slow as heck.

*When our internet is gone after 5PM, that icon that looks like a pc at the bottom left of the screen still says "Signal Strength: Excellent"

*Our router(i dunno what it's called, this is what I think it's called, with all those "ethernet" things)is just about 3 meters away from the pc.

What do we do?

Favorite Answer

Since your router is located so close to your PC, and your signal strength is not having any problems, then your problem most likely lies with AT&T. I myself have AT&T DSL, and haven't had any trouble. The network seems to be nice and snappy at all times. So you should probably call AT&T and explain your trouble, and they might be able to look into it and fix it. That's about all I could suggest without physically looking at your setup.

Is it Dial-Up or DSL? I have satellite internet with a network (a router) and my connection starts getting slow about 6:00 p.m. and it gets horribly slow by 9:00 p.m. It's because a lot of people get online at the same time. DSL shouldn't slow down. Dail-Up, however, would slow down. I'd call your ISP and see what they think may be the problem.

An internet connection can become slow or stop working due to a number of reasons depending on the type of the connection. Many of the problems can be solved by making software changes or small hardware corrections. Detailed instructions at http://tinyurl.com/yl62gz