louis p asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Bad Hangover?

Recently I went out with friends for a night out drinking. I drank 6 pints of lager, which is usually what I drink on a night out, give or take a pint. The next day I had a hangover which is to be expected, but this seemed to carry on for a number of days after. I felt confused dizzy paranoid, and all I felt like I wanted to do was go to sleep. I didn't want to talk or see anyone it was quite scary. What do you think this could have been, an alcohol come down? dehydration?

Favorite Answer

beer/lager doesn't dehydrate a body, it just hydrates it less than water. Your never-ending hangover could have resulted from a fluctuation in the temperature of the establishment you were in.... I know for myself, if it is hot in the bar.... I tend to feel worse for longer. I dunno-just a thought

Probably dehydration. A good rule of thumb, when you go out drinking, is to drink one glass of water for every glass of alachol or shot. Also take a couple of asprin before you go to bed.

The only sure way not to get a hang over is not to drink....but for most of us that is impossible.

Also, the lighter color the liquor and the less sugar in the liquor also aids in the reduction/prevention of a hang over.

Beer has a lot of sugar in it....you might want to consider changing what you drink.

Alcohol is a "depressant". What you are experiencing is a psychotic depressive reaction. It worsens with continued alcohol use. \Also, you may have an underlying mental condition and the alcohol is exacerbating this, such as schizophrenia with paranoia.

You may want to consider giving up the "nite out".

The alcohol may have brought on a bout of depression, which is what it sounds like. I don't think paranoia is part of a normal hangover.

that's what you fell when you drink to much alcohol, sometimes the effect is to long maybe you feel it the next day, dude when you wakeup drink a lot of water to replenish your body water and take a plenty rest.

sounds like to me there may have been some alcohol poison u may have drank more then ur body could handle and it caused a side affect

dehydration the same thing happened to me once when i was throwing back shots and drinking beers. gatorade and b complex did the trick for me

dehydration. Just drink alot of water.. and get some rest.

mabye someone sliped you something