Which simpsons episode was it?

the first scene is where there are nothing but apes who all look like homer in some desert or something. And they are all in awe when they discover this big black thing. There's no dialogue. I know my description is vague and not informative. And what movie(s) is this scene a parody of?

Favorite Answer

I think its a halloween special, They take the thing your talking about to Mr Burns who runs of with a dog like smithers ?

I assume its Planet of the Apes

It is a parody of the begining of Stanley Kubric's 2001: Space Odyssey, and I believe the episode is the one where Homer goes to space...

EDIT: It is "Lisa's Pony," episode:

Lisa's Pony, starts off with a Dawn of Man sequence in which there are a bunch of ape-men, one looking like Homer. The ape-men see the monolith and then it cuts to one monkey making a tool, the next one starting a fire, and a third making a wheel. The Homer ape, however, leans against the monolith and falls asleep.

Parody of Kubrik's Space Odyssey. The episode you're talking about is called "Lisa's Pony," but there were many others that referenced the movie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cultural_refe...

I think I know what episode your talking about. Then at the end of the episode they follow the some scene except they extend it right? Well, I cant remember what episode it is though. . .

it is a paradoy of planet of the apes. that is the scene where troy mcclure comes out and he starts singing.

2001: A Space Odyssey.

Not sure what episode that was, though.

Sorry,I dont subsribe to that trash cartoon "The Simpsons"

I have far better taste!!