Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Help me FIGHT the CA Diamond Lane law!?

In CA I recently received a ticket for crossing the double yellow line while entering the diamond lane. I had two occupants in the car. I moved into the lane about 50 feet before I was "legally" able to enter the lane, mainly to avoid an impending accident ahead of me with several brake lights shining in my lane. I figured it was the safest move to make and any officer nearby would understand. Apparently not. He put his lights on soon after I entered the diamond lane wanting me to pull over immediately. I stayed my course because it would have been yet another fine if I crossed back out of the diamond lane when I wasnt supposed to. I waited until I was legally able to make the lane change, then proceeded to pull over. He wasnt happy.

I would like to fight this. Can anyone find some links regarding fighting diamond lane violations (and winning) and/or the various diamond lane laws just within California alone? If I did this near San Francisco, this would have been perfectly legal. TNX!

Favorite Answer

Okel dokel, radio me your location and I'll send in air support.

You broke the law, you earned that ticket. It does not matter if you were trying to avoid traffic/accident up ahead, you still broke the law.