Kimberly asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Doctor Visits?

Do doctors. ........?

I made a doctors appoitment to talk to my doctor about the Anxiety medications i am on just to discuss if im taking them too much or not at the right time and the side effects ive been experianing but am worried i am wasting her time??Do doctors get angry or mind if a patient goes in to talk and discuss with them sideeffects or worries about the medications they are on??

What if they try to put on daily medications ???/

• Mrs_M
    Favorite Answer

No they won't think it's a waste of time. They will be glad to know what's going on with you so they better treat you. The doc will want to be able to give you the best medications for you.

Source(s): Used to work in a doctor's office

If it is a good doctor then no they don't get angry in fact most doctors wish patients would set up appointment if a med is bothering them or if they have a concern sothey can monitor you more closely and give you better care

Source(s): I have a good doctor and do this myself

Your doctor shouldn't mind if you want to come in and ask questions. You are not wasting the docs. time. Glad your comfortable with your doc. to ask questions! Mine told me if I had medication questions and wanted to come in before my yearly exam just to call the office and set up an appt. he would be glad to discuss my options.

Most doctors know to be patient with patients with anxiety disorder, especially if it has to do with side-effects, etc.

That's what they're there for! But you could try to talk to him on the phone first.

you are doing the right thing. your doctor won't know that you have a problem if you don't tell him.

thats what they get paid to do is answer your questions and make sure you are ok