Emily H asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

What is the best product to use at home for big chunky blonde highlights on top.?

I've been dying my hair for a long time but ive never done highlights. What product would be the best for big chunky highlights only on the top layer of my hair

• KJ
    Favorite Answer

i would suggest the powder bleach from sally's beauty supplies. when mixed, it turns into a paste and i find is much easier to apply yourself than regular highlighting kits. the brush i use for this resembles a mascara brush. good luck!

Fortunately, there's no special product needed. You can go to Sally or whatever beauty supply store you have in your area and pick up a little paint brush looking thing. Sorry, I don't know what it's called, but if you tell the person in the store that you want a brush for highlighting, she can point you in the right direction. Anyway, buy any dye you like and mix it up in a bowl. Use the brush to apply the hightlights where you want them. You can control how thick or thin the highlights are.

LISTEN TO ME! DO NOT DO THIS!!! make sure you get highlights done professionally because my friend did blonde highlights by herself and it came out horrible and turned orange in 2 days!!

over the counter highlight kit you can buy them anywhere