Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicJokes & Riddles · 1 decade ago

General Motors vs Microsoft?

At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving twenty-five dollar cars that got 1000 mi/gal."

Recently, General Motors addressed this comment by releasing the statement, "Yes, but would you want your car to crash twice a day?"

And...

1. Every time they reprinted the lines on the road you would have to buy a new car.

2. Occasionally, your car would die on the freeway for no reason, and you would just accept this, restart, and drive on.

3. Occasionally, executing a maneuver would cause your car to stop and fail and you would have to reinstall the engine. For some strange reason, you would accept this too.

4. You could only have one person in the car at a time, unless you bought Car95 or CarNT. But, then you would have to buy more seats.

5. Macintosh would build a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast, twice as easy to drive, but would only run on five percent of the roads.

6. The Macintosh car owners would get expensive Microsoft upgrades for their cars, which would make them run much slower.

7. The oil, gas, and alternator warning lights would be replaced with a single 'general car default' warning light.

8. New seats would force everyone to have the same size butts.

9. The airbag system would say, "Are you sure?" before going off.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i know the points are made up but theyre good, i love that 'gm' said that witty come back, please tell me thats true, because i now think 'gm' is awesome!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

LOL that's funny... Plus in order to fuel your car, you'd need to have the correct adapter for which fuel pump you were at, and every gas station would have different adapters.

• 3 years ago

genuinely magnificent. the perfect of the day (and the day merely before this...cus its very early interior the morning). Gonna deliver you a superstar. go your finger, suck your thumb and placed your left hand on your head and with any success it is going to at last arrive. besides the undeniable fact that with the aid of that element it would desire to be a goldfish!

• 1 decade ago

Nyuk nyuk nyuk......very funny. Like the airbag part...Thanks

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

thats hilarious....nice comeback from GM...its great how they compared it with the problems that windows have.....GOOD JOB!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i have seen this millions of times, but its still funny

• 1 decade ago

I'm really not sure about that one.

It was funny though. Thanks

• 1 decade ago

too long

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.