Is it unhealthy for your hair if you go to sleep with it wet and can you somehow get it to dry straight?

Favorite Answer

When I go to bed and my hair is still slightly wet, I put it in a bun on the top of my head. When I take it down in the morning it is nice and wavy. (I have very straight hair)

Its not unhealthy to go to bed with wet hair, I do it all the time!! Not many people are blessed with perfectly straight hair unfortunately, but you can always blow dry it out of the shoewer and that always help! Get a good straightner too, I love mine!!

I do it and it makes it less frizzy I think. I have heard that it can dry out your hair and make your pillow mold. I dont know if its true or not. Get a straightning iron and do it in sections. That is the only way I can get mine straight.

i don't know about getting it to dry straight, but going to sleep with wet hair isn't bad for it. i think it makes my curly hair look better, actually. : b

Hair will stay the way it is wet when it dries. so no there is no way you can go to bed with wet hair and then wake up with straight hair unless your hair is naturally straight.

As long as you don't go to bed with sopping wet hair I wouldn't worry about it.

Blow dry it while brushing it to get it straight.And it is bad,cuz I used to sleep with it in a ponytail and and I got this really bad sore on my head that wouldn;'t go away and the docter told me not to do that cuz the water sits there on ur head all night.

i know that it probably will make your pillow smell like your conditioner, but wearing your wet hair to sleep is fine just as long as it is not in a ponytail because while your hair is wet it is very vounerable.

To get it to dry straight, grease it, or spray oil sheen on it. Brush it down and wrap it in a circle in the back, clamp it and tie it up with a bandana.

it is really unhealthy to sleep with your hair wet:

1st: it could make you sick

2nd: sometimes it makes your hair frizzy

3rd: you could get cold or cough or flu or all of them

just wait for your hair to dry. if you have a thick long hair wiat for about an hour, but if you have a thin hair just wait for about 45 mins.

Source(s): I always take a bath at night!!!

never heard of that...i do it....brush it while you blow-dry it. it'll come out straight.