Question about leasing a car?

The dealer ad says "12,000 miles per year for 36 months", if I do not want to pay fine for extra miles, does this mean I cannot drive more than 12,000 miles per year, or it means I cannot drive more than 36,000 miles at the end of lease?

Favorite Answer

It means that you can't drive more then 36,000 by the end of the lease. It sounds like alot...but it's not. It's the only thing that held me back from leasing vs buying. I drive at least 20,000 a year.

what they meant is that you have only 12,000 miles a year to drive the lease car and your contract is for 3 years that means that at the end of the 3 years if you still like the vehicle you will renew the contract or be done with.

the 12,000 miles is the amount of miles you are allowed to drive the car under this contract anything over that limit you will pay an all ready establish amount of money per each mile over that limit witch it should be stated on your contract.........hope this helps

Source(s): dealer agent

your only allowed 12,000 miles a year if you go over it cost you per mile